There are a number of problems we find with this product leading us to give it the lowest possible rating. In sum, there are big questions concerning the quality and authenticity of their so-called CBD product and huge questions about their method of marketing. Here is a quick summary of why we would avoid products from Herbal Alchemist.
Please Note: Herbal Alchemist CBD products are marketed on the Herbal Alchemist website as well as the website CBD-NOW.com. The CBD-Now website is an advertisement page disguised as a news website called “Science News.”
On this website they hype the alleged scarcity of the product. This type of marketing is called a take-away sale and is designed to create the impression of scarcity so that people feel a need to rush to order before all the product is gone.
On February 18 2017 the website carries this telling statement:
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND FROM RECENT MEDIA COVERAGE WE CAN NO LONGER GUARANTEE SUPPLY. AS OF SATURDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2017 WE CURRENTLY HAVE PRODUCT IN-STOCK AND WILL SHIP WITHIN 24 HOURS OF PURCHASE."
Nonsense like this is a red flag for us..
Further, in the 'fine print' on their Terms Of Service' page they disclose that they are auto-shipping products.
Can’t find any. Unfortunately the negatives are too substantial to consider recommending their products.
Their CBD products have a number of problems. Here is a quick list:
1) They do not list the source of the source hemp used in their products. Since they don’t list this information that leaves open the possibility that their product could be sourced from a country that many people would be uncomfortable with… such as China...but since it is not stated on the website we just don't know.
2) There is no indication that any independent lab testing is done to verify purity, potency and authenticity of their products.
3) There are many needless additives in their CBD capsules, specifically:
- tapioca maltodextrin
- rice flour
- magnesium stearate
- citric acid
4) There is no indication how their CBD is extracted which means it may not done by using the preferred CO2 extraction process...it's not stated so we don't know.
5) According to the Terms and Conditions published on the CBD-New.com website the company engages, or has engaged in the past, in free bottle offers and auto-billing, also known as recurring billing.
Read this from the Terms and Conditions page of the CBD-Now website:
Recurring Billing. Access to the Service may consist of an initial period, where you can try a product risk free, followed by recurring periodic charges as agreed to by you. By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge that your risk free trial has an initial shipping and processing fee and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. To change or cancel your Service at any time, call our customer service representatives at 1-877-730-5016. Your products will be automatically shipped per the offer you originally accepted but you can change a shipment or product at any time by calling us at 1-877-730-5016. Your non-termination or continued use of the Service reaffirms that Herbal Alchemist is authorized to charge your Payment Method. Herbal Alchemist may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. Herbal Alchemist MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU AFFIRMATIVELY CANCEL YOUR SERVICE OR NOTIFY US THAT YOU WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE Herbal Alchemist REASONABLY COULD ACT TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD.
Change in Amount Authorized. If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the current rate set forth in your initial offer due to an increase in our current rates (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of state sales taxes), Herbal Alchemist shall provide notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge at least 10 days before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your Payment Method Provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that Herbal Alchemist may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.